Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes i'm licensed. I did a search but wasn't really able to find the answer.. I wanted to find out what you are charging to put down confront per 1000 sq. ft. Also so i'm not underbidding. what do you also charge to put do fertilizer. thanks

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
granular? if it contains fert, we charge as a double app. $12 per k , per app, since its a double app, $24 per k.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by bobbygedd
granular? if it contains fert, we charge as a double app. $12 per k , per app, since its a double app, $24 per k. [/QUOTE

$24 per k. Yea right!!!! Come to N.E. Ohio and I guarantee you will starve to death!!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I would like to know how you all are getting the prices you are getting for ferts and weed apps. I quoted a lady $42.00 the other day and I'm higher thanher other guy! that was for 6700 sq. ft. Italked to a guy the other day that told me he had to lower his prices a lot this year to just get any work any help will be appreciated :)

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Liquid Confront costs me say $0.50 per 1000.......

I would charge $2.50 per a 1000, but you are way low price wise for that.

$4 per 1000 for cool season weed applications.

$8 per 1000 for warm season weed applications.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Liquid Confront costs me say $0.50 per 1000.......

I would charge $2.50 per a 1000, but you are way low price wise for that.

$4 per 1000 for cool season weed applications.

$8 per 1000 for warm season weed applications.
:confused: So what are you charging per 1k? $2.50/1k? I assume this is a liquid application?

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
ejk, im talking about confront w/fert. te, on a property that is 6700 sq ft, u r applying roughly 25 lbs of product. cost of material is around $13, that leaves you $29. this is if u r using granular, at the price i pay for it. personally, i wouldnt play with chemicals for that price, there is too much involved, licensing, record keeping, the extra insurence, liabilty, etc. i put confront with fert down on an 11 k property just yesterday, got $264 for that application.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
wanna bet? u want to see a copy of the customers contract? just cus yur workin for minimum wage, dont blame me

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by bobbygedd
wanna bet? u want to see a copy of the customers contract? just cus yur workin for minimum wage, dont blame me
LOL...How do you know what I am working for? Let's put it this way...for such an educated spelling challenged chap...you aren't as far ahead of the pack as you think you are.

Sure...let's see this contract. Guess the contaminated drinking water in Jersey really does affect the brain if some moron is willing to sign at those prices.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was thinking about charging $10 per m for putting down confront. i guess i wouldn't be underbidding then. it's on tall fuscue

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by jeff_0
i was thinking about charging $10 per m for putting down confront. i guess i wouldn't be underbidding then. it's on tall fuscue
I think that may be a bit high...~$400/acre?...maybe in Bobby's neighborhoods... LOL

Could probably get away with that price on smaller properties under 10k.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Bobby thanks for the reply. I need to be clarified on something though. These are my figures for the 6700sq ft turf. I buy a bag of fert. that covers 14000 sq ft round numbers 10.00 for the bag again round numbers I'm going to use half of it that means I've got 5.00 in the fert for the lawn. I charge 42.00 for the application 5.00 from 42.00 is 37.00 plus I know drive time operating expenses have to come out of that i understand but if I do this app when I mow the lawn then the expenses should have theorecticlly have been taken care of correct me if I'm wrong. I know that these numbers are not what they should be but the companys around here are charging pretty close to what i'm charging 37.00 for spreading the fertis not bad extra income. :)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER

Liquid rules
You aren't kidding! Never tried the granular Confront as I enjoy watching the clover turn to toast in 24 hours. Just sprayed a property last week and 48 hours later when I returned to mow the plaintain and dandelion were wilting and the clover was already burnt. Going to have to stock up on this stuff at end of season to ensure supplies for at least next two years.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
apples and oranges. now u r talking straight fert, whole different ballgame. no license required, no record keeping, no measuring, no ins, and so on. $42 for $5 worth of straight fert is very good, ill take 1,000 of those if i can get them. and you mr. scraper, you could really try being a little nicer to people, i have feelings, u know

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.