what to do now?

earthworksknox

LawnSite Member
i have just started a lawn care business.as of now i have all the equipment and have 5000 post cards orderd,a web site being built.although im not sure where to go from here.any advise on how to start getting some of my first customers?what would you do next?:confused:

Ecoguysmowing

LawnSite Member
Try ServiceMagic.com. They send you leads for the area you are targeting. They waived my signup fee($99) but charge me for leads that come to my phone. Shows me contacts number and what the clients needs are, example, mowing, landscaping...I established a quick ten the first year with them but I do pick up clients monthly/6 weeks with them. Definitely a good investment.

Ecoguysmowing

LawnSite Member
Really comes down to what you do. Mine is around $12.50-28, but, if I put my search field up for say only mowing...prob 5-7 buck per lead. You can pin point exact zip codes. Pretty snazzy.

Ecoguysmowing

LawnSite Member
Tell Service Magic you can't afford the 99 bucks blah blah blah(do the song and dance routine), they will waive it(they want you as a customer, times are tough ya know). Have biz license, tax id, liability business insurance, commercial vehicle insurance, and be able to pass a background check. Back ground check is to make sure we "check out", no felons and whatever else you can think of why someone might not want to hire you for a contract.:usflag:

OP
E

earthworksknox

LawnSite Member
thanks alot.i called service magic today.sounds pretty neat.your right itl take a lil dance to get em to drop the $99 fee but i believe they will.have you landed any real contracts from them?year long or commercial?once again thank you very much.im so nervous il take the wrong ave and be one of those guys with all the equipment and NO LAWNS TO MOW:dizzy:

Ecoguysmowing

LawnSite Member
when the text comes in you have to stay on it! Call asap and I mean fast. Leave a message on the clients vmail if they don't answer. "This is Eco Guys Mowing...I received a call from Service Magic stating that you are in need of lawn care...please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx". Often, the client answers. You talk to them, be honest, be fair, be professional. The client still may receive calls from other companies(so you are bidding a job, gotta get this job, gotta bid fair but make money at it too). Your in the game now buddy. You think poker got your blood pumping, you just rolled into town full of wolves. haha

OP
E

earthworksknox

LawnSite Member
:clapping:wow thanks ecoguys u made me feel alot better haha.for real thank you very much.im planing on going forward with service magic.id be glad to pay 12 bucks for a real chance at work.i love this forum.great help:clapping: