Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time of year, we always get the few leaves falling and gathering along the curbline. What is your SOP for them??
We've trained our crews to blow them up onto the turf as well as off patios, drives and hardscapes prior to mowing so they can be sucked up w/ the mowers. Unless the task takes more than 5 mins, there is no additional charge, otherwise our leaf removal fee goes into effect. It "leaves" a cleaner look and to me is a lot more professional. Just wondering what you all do.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Just a quick blow-over of the curbs, drive(s) patios, and walks. This makes a tremendous difference in cleanliness and appearance, even if everything doesn't get picked up.;)

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Here in lovely Ann Arbor, Michigan, the city picks the leaves up off the street in the fall. People start putting leaves at the curb as soon as they start falling. As I don't bag, and any leaves I might mow over are just going to litter the lawn, I do not blow leaves off the street to mow over. If there is an ample leaf coverage on the lawn when I come to mow, all the leaves get blown onto the street. I always make sure the leaves are in the smallest pile as possible, and leave a 6 inch gap between the curb and leaves so that rain water can travel to the sewers. If I have to do a blowing longer than 5 minutes, I charge for it, minimally. I realize this may freak many of you out, but it's SOP around here, and it sure looks nice to have a freshly mowed lawn with absolutely no leaves on it in the midst of a sea of leaf covered lawns in the fall. When the time comes, I'll take some pics.

:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.