1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What to do, What to do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnPro in NC, Oct 8, 2002.

1. LawnPro in NC

LawnPro in NC LawnSite Member

I had a fellow I used to work on another job with to call me and and ask me to do a commercial prop for him b/c his mower was broken. He said he would call me to find out what he owed me. this was several weeks ago and I haven't heard from him. I saw him today and I know he saw me ( i passed right in front of him at a stop light and you can hardly miss the rig) It's not the money It took me about 1 hr to get it looking GOOD. it was about 10 miles off my route. I was not planning on charging him at all ( never know when you might need a favor) it the principle of the thing.

Well what I tought was I would sprinkle a couple bags of 46-0-0 and then ride over while he's cutting Probally every other day and stop and talk and maybe he;ll ask what he owes for the cut. Then I could just say "Ahh,don't worry about it".

He does this prop as needed for a discount on his rent. And with a lawn tractor at that.

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds somewhat familiar...

Another lawn guy I was getting to know pretty well asked me if I would cut a couple of lawns for him so he could go out of town. One needed cutting and the other didn't. When I spoke with him over the phone he said he'd give me the money ($50) when we met up. I told him not to worry about the money and that if I needed his help in the future we'd be even. Well... I called him twice (leaving messages) asking if he could help me out on two separate occasions and I never heard from him. Still haven't!

You try to be nice and more times than not you get the sh*t-end of the stick.