• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

What to do with leaves on the walkway and street

Mortymower

LawnSite Member
Hey, What do y'all do after you mow in like the spring and summer months where there are little to no leaves and the mower chews them up, but then you have to blow the few leaves on the sidewalk and in the gutter onto the grass, and that perfect green look is gone. You always see these perfect lawns and I never see any big companies bagging the leaves in the gutter and sidewalk??

Steppenwolf

LawnSite Senior Member
If you have excessive amount of leaves in the street or side walk, blow them into the turf along with all the leaves in the turf already before you cut,then cut the leaves up in any olle pattern you want and then cut your pattern, works for us.

QualityLawnCare4u

LawnSite Gold Member
Steppenwolf said:
If you have excessive amount of leaves in the street or side walk, blow them into the turf along with all the leaves in the turf already before you cut,then cut the leaves up in any olle pattern you want and then cut your pattern, works for us.
Same way I do it also.

mcwlandscaping

LawnSite Gold Member
Steppenwolf said:
I do that too!

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
blow them, into the middle of the street

Maitland Man

LawnSite Member
Bagging is extra....if it's alot of leaves and customer says no-no to bagging...they stay there. Price is from property line to propery line. Side to side...front to back. That there area, mam, is the city/county line. Anything I do there is a courtesy.

Dennis

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
It's funny this thread comes up. I just did this yesterday on a residential. I hadn't been there in a few weeks, and there was quite a bit piled up by the front door and the garage. I was able to just shred them successfully.

Steppenwolf

LawnSite Senior Member
bobbygedd said:
blow them, into the middle of the street
Well I tried that today,yard looked great,a big truck came by and blew all the leaves and then some back into my turf so I blow them all back out into the middle of the street. So now comes a big garbage truck in a hurry and blows all the leaves back into the yard so this time I expand on Bobbys idea and blow them on the other side of the double yellow line and guess what, a big ole truck came by and blew them in the yard across the street :) State your next case and we will eventually arive at a solution........problem solved.:)