Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a call today from a potential customer.I know the man and I know who does it now.Hes not a friend but an aquantance.The man owns numerous propertys and probably spends around$1200 a month year round. Aparantly he is not happy with his current guy any more, he says I pay more attention to detail than him and he wants me to take them all over.Do i take them or not? Yes he is out of the contract just because he didnt renew it from last year.What would you guys do?

·
Registered
208 Posts
In my opinion if he called you he's looking to drop the guy regardless if you take it or not. If you had intentionally marketed to take a job from someone you know that would be different.The fact is he called you.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
dude, if u dont take over, someone else will. its a dog eat dog world, and we are all wearing milkbone shorts.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Why are you even asking? Just take it!! Doesn't sound like something I would pass up. As long as the customer comes to me, I don't worry about who I'm taking it from.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Heres the rule of thumb between me and my lco "friends" - If they call you fair game, get the numbers ($) and no hard feelings. If you approach one of their accounts and lowball it then your'e a dog and will no longer be respected.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Originally posted by darryl gesner
Why are you even asking? Just take it!!
Because that little voice is telling him he should ask. It's a valid question that shows what he's all about.

LakeSide - Nice to see you have a conscience. I do agree with everyone else.........this account is fair game since the other guy didn't provide quality service and the client called you.

I had a similar situation last week when a lady called in response to my yellow page ad.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Heres the rule of thumb between me and my lco "friends" - If they call you fair game, get the numbers ($) and no hard feelings. If you approach one of their accounts and lowball it then your'e a dog and will no longer be respected.
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.