1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

What to expect in fuel savings from 28 EFI

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mowerman90, May 6, 2006.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just bought my 2nd Super Z last week, a 28 EFI 60" with mulching deck. My old machine, a Super Z w/27hp 52" mulching averaged about 2-3days between fillups. So far the new machine has gone 2 days and is still on the first tank! Granted, it's been extremely dry here (no rain for over 2 months) with little growth to actually mow but this thing seems unreal. Can I expect this type of gas mileage all the time????

BTW what a sweet machine this is, I'm one happy camper!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The EFI's are very nice on saving fuel.
    A added note.... your new mower has larger fuel tanks than your old one too, so that is part of why you are noticing a difference in the usage from the tanks.

Pj

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

PJ,

Actually, my tanks are the same as the ones on my old machine. The mower I bought was a leftover model (new, never used). Today I finally emptied the first tank. Since Thursday morning that's 24 10K lawns and 13 1/2 acre lawns for a total of 37 lawns in a little over 3 days. This seems phenominal to me. It's one heck of a lot more than I could have gotten from the 27hp on my old machine. I'm happy as a pig in slop!

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I didn't realize you bought a leftover.
    Regardless, that EFI rules!!