1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

what to expect to pay for design?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by grass disaster, Apr 3, 2012.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

ok so i have a big project. i', looking for ideas on landscaping.

i have a skid loader and i'd like to do most of the install myself.

i'm lookng mostly for design. i have a couple ideas but am open to new and better ideas.

what can i expect to pay a local lanscaper to give me a design?

landscape.jpg

2. grass disaster

area is down on the oter side of the road

3. grass disaster

4. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the scale of the project? A simple 5k design should run $200 but a 50k design with topo maps, buildings and trees to scale and hardscapes can run you $1000+

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

It just totally depends on the area you live in, and what the scale of the design is.

But in general terms, I don't know any designer in my entire area who would do any size landscape design for less than $650.00. Most of them would be around $1000-$1500 for an average residential design. If it was a larger project, then it would be more like $1500-$2500.

6. grass disaster

Looking to do just trees,grasses,maybe some wild flowers.
    No pavers or waterfalls..haha
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

depends also if you have LA or free lance designer or design/build company bid on the design. You'll have 3 different price ranges. If I do a design in house this time of year, I'm going to need $50/hr with a $400 minimum.

When I hire a free lance designer to work with me on certain jobs, its usually over $200 for a front foundation or similar area.