What to look for/ value of a mini z 42 w/19hp

stonews

LawnSite Member
Looking at a used mini z 42" deck w the 19 hp kawi motor. It has about 850 hrs. Not sure of the year.... with these specs does it narrow down the years? I was guessing 2006. What should i be looking for weakness' on this model. What is the going price range for these models? the condition from a far is good for its age with no obvious issues. Thanks for any help you can offer!

mowerconsultant

LawnSite Fanatic
Until this past year the 42" had the 19hp engine, no difference there, although if its called a Mini Z, not a FasTrak Super Duty, this makes it at least 4 years old, we changed the name, not the model #.
If you can get me the serial # I can pinpoint the year and give you some history on the unit.
Check the unit for obvious wear and tear along with checking the spindles and bearings, belts and pulleys etc...
Engine for power and how the unit was maintained.
Feel how it drives and how the hydros feel.
Hard to tell from my end without seeing the unit in person.

Pj

OP
S

stonews

LawnSite Member
I did purchase the unit but I will have a couple of issues to figure out. To start off the S# is 06051567 and the model # is 928200.
PJ, If you can locate any info that would be great!

Looks like I will work on changing out the belt for the drive units as I believe it's well over due. The bigger issue... is at some point (not that long ago by the looks of the fresh black tape) Most of the kill switches were removed and the tan wires were spliced together... 2 tans together and one tan and one tan/red together. In the end the wires to the engine Hr meter were removed as well. I'm left with one black and one tan wire just taped up but I believe I need a tan/red and a blk to make the meter work. any thoughts as to the best way to solve? I also have a switch with a orange and a blk wire going to it, it has two small green buttons at one end. Not sure what this one should be sensing... any thoughts. beyond that all looks to be okay. I will flush all fluids and change out all the filters. oh and keep my fingers crossed there are not any other hack jobs to be found. Thanks for any help!!

mowerconsultant

LawnSite Fanatic
This unit was made in May of 2006.
It was sold to a dealer in Belmont N.H. in June of 2006.
The dealer never registered the unit when it was sold as far as I can tell, my history records end with the dealer sale.
Email me and I will email you back the owners and parts manuals for your unit, of which you will then have a wiring diagram to use.

Pj