1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

What to Pay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Mar 4, 2002.

1. PRECISION LC

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

i am looking at hiring some guys this summer and i am wondering what to pay them. Would you pay them differently if they have little or no experience opposed to more than a little. i have been paying $8 in the past and i am wondering what i should pay out.
    thanks

2. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say $7-8/ hr for no exper. and just laborer.

Get up around like $10-13 with good exp. but maybe not quite yet foreman material. A good laborer who can drive and knows whats going on., can operate machines etc. and has potential to be a good crew foreman.

$12 and up for quality guys who can run jobs and crews. maybe CDL lic. can operate any equip. can basically run your business in the field aspect of it.

3. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

This is a lot like the "how much to charge for lawn mowing" question. It all depends on what the going rate in your area is. I'm going to be hiring 2 more guys this year. I plan to start them out between $10-$15 per hour plus bonus. depending on experence. By mid season all the guys should be making at least $15 per hour plus bonus.