Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
It’s Chlorophyllum molybdites. It is a sickener/ poisoner. It will help fix nitrogen and trace metals in the lawn….fungi are little chemistry labs. It probably is attached to the laws root system….takes a little sugar from the roots and shares some nutrients with the grass. Pulling the mushroom won’t hurt the parent organism, it will prevent sporulation though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Fungi are decaying old wood under the ground. Where possible dig down and pull out the old roots.
Wrap a cable around the root and give a gentle tug--(with your pickup.)
The fungi in question is Chlorophyllum molybdites...it lacks the metabolic enzymes to digest lignins ( wood, straw etc) and occupies an ecological niche as a mycorhyzzal facilitator of grasses.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top