1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

What type of Blades?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Turf Professionals Inc., Jun 5, 2007.

1. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

I know every one has different opinions when it comes to blades, but I would like to know what type of blades some of you Hustler owners use. I live in Florida and have an 07' Super Z EFI 60" deck. Throw some opinions my way. Thanks!

2. mulligant

mulligant LawnSite Member

Stock fusion blades are your best bet. Mine have around 30 hours on them and are still just about sharp enough to shave with. I think I touched them up with a file once and they really didn't need it then I just had them off of the mower.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Your stock Fusion's are about the best.

I have tried notched foil eXmark blades and they work well, but you do notice less lift (suction).

Sure wish someone made a NOTCHED foil SUPER high lift with a higher or wider lift sail. This deck NEEDS lift.

4. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

I appreciate the help guys

5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

The stock Fusions to me are Medium lift blades. The Exmark Notched high lifts give us a Way better cut , and its very obvious. I aggree with TLS you will notice less lift with Exmarks blades but a better cut. Yes i do wish also someone had or has super Highlift notched blades. The XR-7 Deck to me has turbulance problems not lift. Ive heard of others using dixie choppers blades with good results.My friend is a Machinist he's going to try to make a set of super high lift notched blades for testing.