What type of Business license in NY do I need?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by googles, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. googles

    googles LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 295

    I live in Long Island NY and it is my first year in the lawn business. I love it and i have 15 accounts. I want to go legal next year since Im serious about making this business grow. In Long Island NY what type of business license and insurance do i need?? and is there anything else i will need to do to make it legal? Thanks everyone :)
  2. nelson279

    nelson279 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 18

    Very simple. Call City Hall and find out what you need in your area to operate without troubles :dizzy:
  3. GLAN

    GLAN Banned
    Messages: 1,647

    You will need to file a company name with the state
    Get a consumers affairs license
    For that you will need business liability, and 2 passport photos.

    If your in Nassau
    Call the licensing line 516-571-3871
    160 Old Country Rd

    North County Complex, Bldg. 340
    Hauppauge, New York 11788-0099
    (631) 853-4600

    Start with them.

Share This Page