• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

What type of earphones ?

Mike Blevins

LawnSite Bronze Member
What type of earphones do you guys use? I got a portable sat. radio and wanted to use it this year while mowing but I'm having problems finding a good set that drowns out all of the outside noise.

SMB

LawnSite Senior Member
I use a pair of Shure SE210s, they're in-ear type earphones, and with the foam sleeves, block out at least as much noise as earplugs do. Mind you, they're not rated for that use, but they work really well. However, they also cost about $150, but you do get a lifetime warranty; I used it on an older pair I had (frayed cord, replaced no questions asked).

Greg78

LawnSite Silver Member

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
i use some jvc jsut like the skull candy from walmart. they actually do a pretty good job, but i dont like to use them mowing as there is still to much noise for me and my ears hurt at the end of the day. i use them while spraying though

freshprince94

LawnSite Bronze Member
I don't do music while mowing anymore, I feel I tend to zone out when I have the earbuds in, especially when I'm on the mower.

I just use regular earplugs, but for a while I had the Worktunes which worked OK.

meicher806

LawnSite Senior Member

JABBERS

LawnSite Senior Member
I use ones like skullcandy ones with hearing protection muffs over them

Valk

LawnSite Gold Member
i ordered a set of these, have not used them mowing yet but they work great for splitting wood.

http://www.gemplers.com/product/151874/EarBuds-MP3-Compatible-Earplugs
DUDE! ROCK ON!! :cool2:
I've searched for something like this for quite awhile...I just want to HEAR my phone ring when operating power equipment. I also want to wear my protective hat that covers my ears & neck...and over-the-head earphones will not allow me to wear it.

I'll try listening to music, but I agree...that I'd zone out - and would prefer not to.

EDIT: I just called Gemplers, and replacement tips for these are $4.90.

Kennedy Landscaping

LawnSite Fanatic