1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What type of grass catcher for an Exmark Laser?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by groundskeeper4, Oct 17, 2011.

1. groundskeeper4

groundskeeper4 LawnSite Member

I'm looking at some different grass catchers for my Exmark Laser 60". I don't want to spend 1-2k on a bagging system but would like a grass catcher that will pick up some leaves after I grind them up. I really don't want a pull behind but saw a guy who had a Grass Gobbler and wondered what you guys thought. Any recommendations?

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Side catchers really aren't great for leaves. No matter how much you mulch them, the bagger fills up fast. If a bagging system is too much though, this may be your most economical option.

3. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the Accelerator, possibly with a leaf extension. They're lighter than steel ones but pretty expensive. If serious about collecting leaves I'd get the powered catcher. Check ebay for deals. Personally I use a full mulch kit and never bag em except in rare circumstances. I use the exmark cloth bagger and a cheap steel one on another ZTR.