What type of insurance ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ace 1, Mar 4, 2001.

  1. Ace 1

    Ace 1 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 28

    What type of insurance do you guy's who are a solo operation carry on say vehicles and equip.And what about liability any help would be much appreciated. Have a few commercials.
  2. MJ

    MJ LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 312

    Ace 1, go to the upper right corner and click on SEARCH and type in INSURNCE. You'll get more information than you want.
    Basically, it depends on your type of business and equipment you have.

    Good luck,
  3. Ace 1

    Ace 1 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 28

    MJ go to search and type insurance and look at the threads and tell me how many havi the topic of insurance i am asking about in there. I usually try that first before i seek answers from someone else out there but thank you for letting me know the search was there anybody else's help would bemuch appreciated.
    Thank you .
  4. DMC300

    DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 325

    We carry $100,000 full commercial on our truck and equip.,also a $1,000,000 Gen. liability policy W/theft coverage.Costs a little over $2000 per year.
  5. Green Finger

    Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 839

    Ditto here........Protect yourself and your assets.
  6. 65hoss

    65hoss LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,360

    Since I am solo I carry my regular auto insurance but increased the coverage a little. I have a 1 million GL policy and equipment coverage.
  7. Prime Seasons

    Prime Seasons LawnSite Member
    Messages: 59

    I have $1m full commercial also. Last year I incorporated to protect? myself from potential liability, even though I am a solo operator.

    Your homeowner/auto insurance policy may not cover you in the event an automobile accident occurs while you are 'working.' Something to ponder...

    Tip on premiums: if you have $40,000 equipment, insure only as much as you would feel comfortable not having covered. If you insure $30k and a fire burns you down can you afford to build up another $10K? Perhaps the paying the extra $250 for total coverage makes you sleep better. Do whatever you feel comfortable.

  8. 65hoss

    65hoss LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,360

    I already spoke with my insurance. Everything is fine. Different policies and companies may be different. It is definately something worth checking out thou.
  9. kutnkru

    kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,662

    If you have not already done so you may want to consider including mileage in: and mileage out: on your route sheets so that you can claim the miles you have used for business on your personal vehivcle.

    We have uped our policies to $2M-GL/$1M-Umbrella/Workmens.Comp/$500K-Vehicle Ins/$50K-Equipment.Theft.Damage

  10. guntruck

    guntruck LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 527

    We have 500-1mil liability, and our equipment is insured for 20,000 smackers and it runs us 1217.00 a year. Not too bad considering your pretty much totally covered. Be careful though some commercials require you to have higher liability coverage in some cases be sure to check, not sure if you can get that site specific or not like workmans comp.


Share This Page