1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What type of opportunities are out there?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by shifter, Aug 16, 2011.

1. shifter

shifter LawnSite Member

Hello to everyone out there. I am a 27 year old running a small, profitable landsaping co. in central FL. I have been in the industry for 10 years and have been a crew leader for 7 of those 10 years working at another company. I majored in horticulture in FFA, have been pretty self educated about business and industry, and am in the process of earning my FNGLA certification. I am considering selling my company and persuing an opportunity in maybe another aspect of the green industry. Im looking for a little guidance and direction for what opportunities would be avaliable for someone with my expierence? Or, what other education should I be looking into? Latley it seems that I have kind of hit a wall with running my own business . I'm wondering if this is a normal expierence that all small business owners go through at one time or another or if it's a sign that maybe it's time to change my focus in the green industry or my career path. Any input or guidance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sean