1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What types of advertising do you do at your yard?

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by WFMJenny, Aug 27, 2005.

1. WFMJenny

WFMJenny LawnSite Member

Was wondering if anyone would like to share their advertising techniques with other yard owners.

We advertise in local newspapers, money mailers, local newsletters, and on our web-site with coupons. Our best response by far comes from the web-site and the money mailers. We do adds of 10-11% OFF. Would love to hear what others do.

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I don't do any advertizing at my yard, mines the last to be mowed. :)
    But I have'nt advertized in over 2 years, word of mouth I guess.

3. WFMJenny

WFMJenny LawnSite Member

The original question was in reference to supply yards, not personal lawns.

4. jd boy

jd boy LawnSite Member
    from nw ohio

jenny-

you are really confusing people with the "yard" concept. i know it is very confusing so i can understand how people don't know what you are talking about!

5. WFMJenny

WFMJenny LawnSite Member

I have replied the response in the other message. I apolgoize for the confusion.

6. T-Trim

T-Trim LawnSite Member

I have the freeway in the backyard so I'm going to put up a sign back there.
    Next exit

7. Lawns By Jimmy

Lawns By Jimmy LawnSite Member

The thread is pretty confusing but I think I get the idea of what you are saying. I am going to be advertising in the yellow pages next year. Just my business name and phone number will be $22.00. I think it is more professional then a newspaper. I like the web site idea. For fathers day next year I have a idea of getting with the local radio station and having a contest. All the wives and kids in the town can write in to the station and write a 500 word essay why there dad deserves free lawn care for a year. I would just give the basic mowing for free and get some air time. Just a thought.