What Was Your First Mower

mzm

LawnSite Member
I was ten when I started and started with a Honda SX i will try to get some pic tomorrow of the old thing Its five years older than i am but it was a good mower but it was so heavy to push up and down the road thank god for self propelled
so lets hear what your first mower was!

White Gardens

LawnSite Fanatic
For the biz, I started out with a 34" Simplicity Coronet. Though a small homeowner model rider, the thing cuts great and with a 16 horse motor, it out-cuts a lot of walk-behinds.

Still have it, but had to upgrade this year due to picking up a handful of bigger commercial accounts.

McFarland_Lawn_Care

LawnSite Bronze Member
Old Old push mower with 3 hp briggs and stratton engine - I was 12 years old when I got my first customer and I used a hand scissor type shears for trimming around buildings and rocks - talk about blisters! I'm getting too soft now I guess. Made $5-6/hr and if I got $500 over the whole summer I thought I was a millionaire. =D Good times! Also got it around in the back of a 15 passenger van! Didn't have much, growing up.

Lawn Enforcer

LawnSite Silver Member
I started with my Grandpa's 26" Snapper rear engine rider, mowed a few lawns in the neighborhood. My first commercial mower was a Toro 44" hydro walk-behind, absolutely great mower. Had the best cut of any mower I've used. Any Exmark, Everride, Scag, John Deere, I used or demoed could not compare to it. Even with dull blades and a plugged up deck it would leave a smooth cut. Toro really had it figured out with those Proline walk-behinds.

cash2406

LawnSite Member
First mower was a craftsman professional 27hp v-twin engine/54" deck and a Toro proline 37. I still have the Toro can't kill it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Glenn Lawn Care

LawnSite Silver Member
52" scag
Posted via Mobile Device

scotts lawn care

LawnSite Senior Member
Toro 21" push