1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

what will happen in court?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 30, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, it didn't last long, i had a bad feeling, and i'm glad everything is in writing. took on a new client maybe like 3 weeks ago. property a wreck, she requested mowing service, as well as weed control in the lawn, and along the fenceline which borders the entire property. fert plan calls for 2 granular weed apps, 2 ferts. spraying WEEDS along fenceline, and on driveway and walkways. spraying was completed, she is "unhappy" with results. you see, about 4 feet in from the fence, there is a border which runs about 80 feet long. it's made up of cactus, yucca, and an assortment of cr@ppy shrubbery. she claims she thought i would remove this as part of the service. i refered back to the contract, which reads, "weeds along fenceline to be sprayed with non selective herbicide." i explain to her my roundup will not kill the other stuff, and i never intended to kill the other stuff. her payment of $300 is due, and i'm sure i won't get it. i intend to stop service as of now, file a complaint of theft, and pursue my $300, plus late fees, filing fees, and any other expense incurred trying to recover my fees. opinions?

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Get your money! Her plants cannot be considered weeds, stick it to her!

3. Brandyanna

Brandyanna LawnSite Member

By definition any plant in a undesireble location is considered a weed.

4. primecutmo

primecutmo LawnSite Member
    from SWMO

thats true brandyanna when a few corn plants come up in a wheat field from the previous crop they are considered weeds

5. primecutmo

primecutmo LawnSite Member
    from SWMO

but i agree with you bobby, and so will a judge just be more specific next time

6. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

Settle for half and save yourself the stress of dealing with customers like that. Next.

7. ElephantNest

from La.

Um....yes, I am quite aware that even a rose in a cornfield is a weed. When someone clearly has planted, and grown plants along a fence line, you're telling me those are weeds?

Thanks for setting me straight, how have I gotten along all these years.......

8. seven-up

seven-up LawnSite Member
    from la

Is it something in the water down here Steve?

9. ElephantNest

from La.

LOL

Must be man, must be. Darn egg-water. Ugh!

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

so brandy, she has a 90 ft maple tree in the middle of her yard, it's in an "undesireable location", since i said i would spray the weeds, am i also responsible for cutting down the tree?