1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What would be good?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by PROFESSORRAIN, Aug 10, 2007.

1. PROFESSORRAIN

PROFESSORRAIN LawnSite Member

O.K. ya'll I am in the irrigation buisness already for last 5 years my son who is 16 has a few people he services in the lawn maint. side but does this w/a 21" toro,a weed eater,weedeater hand held blower I am interested in helping him upgrade he going to keep these items but I know he could benefit w/better equipment if ya'll would please help me for i have no idea about the lawn maint. side.Like a zero turn we have looked at exmark,what about backpack blower,edger,string trimmer he will only be doing the basics but is willing to work hard but not w/me he feels he would do better w/ this and I can't says I blame him.So if ya'lldon't mind please give me some hints we are in mid-west GA. lots of bermuda some help would be greatly appreciated.Just remember please edge,mow.and blow he is only 16 w/truck, trailer and a little cash and ambition thanks again.

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Exmark is a good choice. Maybe he should start with a walk-behind. Just an idea, the Turf Tracers are excellent mowers. Their Zs are good too but there are mixed reviews on the Triton deck.

Backpack blower? If money's not an object I say Stihl BR600. Otherwise just have him get a handheld like the BG85.

String trimmer, Stihl FS80 2-stroke.

Edger, I dunno, I have an Echo PE-311 and it has gobs of power. I guess the Stihl stick edgers are great too. If you're thinking walk-behind edger, Tanaka, Little Wonder, McLane or Brown(the company that makes the bed edger) make good stuff.

3. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Like said above, look at a walkbehind I was going to get a ztr but instead got a walkbehind used at a fraction the price and am much happier with it! I also like the BR600 backpack blower and really any stihl trimmer would be fine for him. I like my FS110R but if you only use it for trimming i can see how it would be a bit much!

4. PROFESSORRAIN

PROFESSORRAIN LawnSite Member

thanks ya'll