• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

what would u charge?

strayer1

LawnSite Member
started at 930am cleaned up a compost pile and fetilized her 5k yard.As i continued working she keeps stopping me to chat,then she asked me to clean up about a ton of scrap wood. took 2 FULL loads of crap from her yard on my 11'8" trailor also cleaned up a grape vine.Everything has been piled up for at least 7 years when her hubby died.Also trimmed a desent size shrub.ended the day there at 6:30pm. Also since i dont have a dump i had to unload trailor by hand...anyone give me a ballpark on what you would charge for that kinda work?I did it all for 300.00...she seemed a little upset with the price:mad: ....does that sound like too much?:confused:

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
9:30 to 6:30 minus 1 hour for lunch... 8 hrs. = $320. Time driving to dump (2nd time, - I assume the first dump time was in the first set of time). 30 min? 45 min.? $20 conservatively. Dump fee.... handling.... (x2) 40 x 2 = $80.
Time unloading 2nd load. .75 hr. = $30.

Ok.... Total is $450. This is for a business to make it. Don't forfet, this gross.
-$80 for dump fee/handling charge.
-20 for gas, insurance, wear and tear.
30% out for taxes.
$350 - taxes.... =$245.
Now, how much do you pay the business, and how much do you pay youself? Divide that out, and there you will have your answer. If the business made $100. of this deal, you just made $14. an hour.
Don't forget to put some of that away for retirement and medical.

twins_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
$450. on a big job like that, she can talk to me all she wants for $50 per hour!
I'd include the dump fees in a large job like that if I bid it earlier, but by the hour, it would be added, so with the lunch break, $450. I think she should be happy with your price, even consider herself lucky!

OP
S

strayer1

LawnSite Member
thanks for all the input i was just curious to see if i charged too much....now on another bid i was offered a job to remove 5 stumps and the roots.Dig down 4 inches around the stump and roots and topsoil over the whole mess and plant grass i bid it at 600.00?