1. Ask the Expert: Fertilization Strategies for Success: Dec. 12, 2017
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: Dec. 12, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

What would you buy for a Z turn and Walkbehind?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by LawnFactory, Oct 29, 2004.

  1. LawnFactory

    LawnFactory LawnSite Member
    Messages: 15

    I have been looking at 48 inch Z turns and 48 inch Walkbehinds. How are the Encore mowers? They seem to be a good price point. The others that I have seen are the Scag and the Toros.

    any help?
  2. Travis Followell

    Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY
    Messages: 2,206

    Well if your mowing a lot of smaller areas then a walk bahind is what you need. They are more compact and more easy to manuver in tight spots. If your areas are a little larger then definately go with the ztr. The Encore are good mowers from what i've heard. I know of several people that like them and some that don't. That goes for the walk behinds and ztr's. The Encore's I know are cheaper then the Scag's and Toro's. You should demo an Encore to see how you like it.

Share This Page