1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

What would you charge for 45yds of mulch?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by wormburner, May 15, 2005.

1. wormburner

wormburner LawnSite Member

Just wanting to get some opinions on putting down around 45yds of mulch.I estimated around $25 a yard for delivery and spread total came to be around $1100 and the customer jumped on it within a day I thought maybe I went to low on how fast they jumped on it.

2. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Howdy, we charge $40 per yard delivered an another $1000-1600 for the install, guess you could be alittle low? [ we install on sat, w/ a 3-man crew] if thats any help? payup

3. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you are about $3000 or so too low...

4. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I would have charged about $2475. You'll find that working for free sucks.

5. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Up here, it would be 45 yards X $ 65.00/yard delivered, edged and installed. That comes to a total of $2925.00. I would have ball-parked the total at $ 3000.00, and bought everyone lunch. But, that would be in this region. Pine Bark would have cost $28/yard retail...with Premium at $ 38/yard retail. The 45 yards at wholesale would have run $23 - $33 for the aboves. That would figure at $1035 & $1485 respectively, giving you either roughly $ 2000.00 or $ 1500.00 to cover labor and profit. Then, of course, if you had the mulch blown-in, you could just sit back and watch the wholejob getting done by someone else.

6. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

what are u paying for the mulch per yard from the supplier???

$45-$50/yd is what the rate is my area which is a little north of u. that total would come to $2025 - $2250 without any edging or cleanup.

u bid $1100 - im not sure what u should do because if u have a crew to spread it, u will probably lose money unless ur buying the mulch really really cheap.

7. srk1378

srk1378 LawnSite Member

I am also in central/northern ohio and I would be around $2400.00 so I think you are not too far off. I have found that the 45-50.00 per yard installed is all our area will allow. It would be nice to get to the 60-65.00 per yard range but the market around here just won't allow it. Good luck on your job!

8. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

You just hosed yourself, that would barely cover material cost.... :)

9. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

45yards * 60 (cost was 23) = 2700, not including the edging or the cleanup. Took about 40 man hours, basically 2 guys 2 days. Problem was it had to be wheeled around a park with only one entrance, and the path couldnt hold a bobcat.

10. landstroker51

landstroker51 LawnSite Member

45 yards of mulch would be $1620.00 plus sales tax.
    No labor to spread it or delivery charge in that price.