1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

what would you charge for this wall

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bobcatnj, Sep 23, 2004.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i have a customer who just installed a pool in his backyard. the back yard is on somewhat of a slope so the pool is all the way at the end of the yard maybe 100 yards off the house. they want a retaining wall installed because of the slope. its is pretty much dug out because of the pool. the wall is going to be 75 x 3 with 2 steps in the middle of the wall going to the pool.so i figure what i have to do i just level off what is dug out with a bobcat, lay 6 inch of 3/4, put up the wall and step, back fill with geo grid and 3/4.the cost of the material is around 4500.00 and is in a upscale neighborhood. i was wondering what you guys would charge to do this with yourself and 2 guys????

2. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

no geo grid needed for that wall....its only 3 ft tall..about $7000.00

Chuck

3. bobcatnj

7000 total or 7000+4500(material)=11500

4. landscapingpoolguy

your material cost sounds very hi for that abount of sq ft age. Your almost at $20 a sqft just for materials......are you buying retail? if you are I suggest you search for other places......most wall and step work is priced between 25-30 a sq ft. I would prolly be around 7grand for the whoel job.

Chuck

5. bobcatnj

that 4500 is what i was going to charge the customer, thats not what im paying for the material. there using the keystone country manner 6 in which is one of the most expensive block out there

6. landscapingpoolguy

ok so the CM goes for about $12sq ft plus the pins and the 3/4 . Ok so at 7g's and working solo you have about a 50% net proft....use some stone dust on top of yur base when leveling the first course it will be much easier....My crew could have built that wall in 2 days maybe less. So I would have had about a 30% net profit. This all depends on the site conditions, accessiblity, and availabilty of the block of course.

Chuck