What would you charge for this weed removal job?

Hayduke

LawnSite Bronze Member
Awesome brother! I would play pick up sticks and kick the can growing up! Before all this stupid gaming and internet.

Yeah we played some fun, but rough games that would never go over now.
I remember Rock War, we'd stand at opposite sides of the playground and heave handfuls of pea gravel at our enemies. Smear the Queer, which of course had nothing to do with homophobia, I'm sure is now outlawed on the playground because the gay community decided that word belonged to them. All it was, you'd have a ball and a bunch of kids, whoever had the ball would run, he'd either get forcefully tackled with the ball, or toss it away before he got tackled. It wasn't cool to tackle someone in that game if they had given up the ball.
It was rougher times on the playground and feelings got hurt, but now kids can't even get within 6 feet on the playground. It is devastating to me......sorry thats for another thread!

ShowCaseLawnCare

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yeah we played some fun, but rough games that would never go over now.
I remember Rock War, we'd stand at opposite sides of the playground and heave handfuls of pea gravel at our enemies. Smear the Queer, which of course had nothing to do with homophobia, I'm sure is now outlawed on the playground because the gay community decided that word belonged to them. All it was, you'd have a ball and a bunch of kids, whoever had the ball would run, he'd either get forcefully tackled with the ball, or toss it away before he got tackled. It wasn't cool to tackle someone in that game if they had given up the ball.
It was rougher times on the playground and feelings got hurt, but now kids can't even get within 6 feet on the playground. It is devastating to me......sorry thats for another thread!
Awesome games bro!

Chvysb350

LawnSite Member
My customers pay me $65 an hour for weeds. They know me and know that I am not out screwing around. They have zero issue paying an hourly rate. That being said, I have definitely had a few of those hourly jobs that I could have made out better just charging a flat rate. Big dense weeds are faster! Little stuff is usually about an hour per 200 sq ft. if the ground is soft. I will often use a hoop how for the small stuff.

iand

LawnSite Bronze Member
Don't forget to include disposal costs and time taken to dispose of the weeds which should include time taken to drive to dumpsite and return
P.S even if you can dispose of the weeds for free you should include a disposal cost because it still takes time to drive and unload,unless you are leaving them for the owner to dispose of

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
There’s no way you can tell them it’s $65 an hour to pull weeds. It’s one thing if you bid the job at 300 and it takes 5 hours but if you say that number per hour I don’t think anyone would hire you. They can get a high school kid to do it for 1/5 of the price.

I agree with what you said except for the part about finding a high school kid to do it. LMAO

I don't like telling people an hourly rate. I like to bid flat fee.

As for the op, I'm not touching that for less than $750 to $800. Probably 2 hours plus disposal.

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
I agree with what you said except for the part about finding a high school kid to do it. LMAO

I don't like telling people an hourly rate. I like to bid flat fee.

As for the op, I'm not touching that for less than $750 to $800. Probably 2 hours plus disposal.
I’d be similar on price, but that looks like a min of 4-5hrs of work. Maybe I just pull weeds really slowly?

Top Forums