What would you do in this situation?

Ernie Beath

LawnSite Member
Hopefully this is the appropriate area to post this. I delivered 4 yards of topsoil to a customer. He paid, everything was fine...later on that day he messaged me saying it was not topsoil. We went back and forth, i showed him receipt, gave him the number of the lady I purchased it from...i contacted the landlord who owns the house who is also his relative. He said it's ok now, he didn't know what topsoil was, etc...

Well today he sends me a message saying the same thing, and said he went to the place where i purchased topsoil and they told him it was field dirt. We went back and forth a bit. Finally he said just come load it back up and keep the money. I offered him options, order what he wanted and i would pick it up for free....etc...

I know there are different levels of topsoil offered at this facility. I usually get the #2 topsoil instead of #1. What would you do in this situation to make it right?

Thanks

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Why would they tell you it was 'field dirt'? It just became their problem, if they sold you the wrong dirt.

OP
E

Ernie Beath

LawnSite Member
Why would they tell you it was 'field dirt'? It just became their problem, if they sold you the wrong dirt.

The customer said he went out to the facility today and the facility called it field dirt. However i know for a fact it was #2 topsoil.

OP
E

Ernie Beath

LawnSite Member
Now the landlord is saying that the tenant sent a picture and it does not look lile topsoil. The only thing i can see i did wrong was get the #2 instead of the #1.

If the option was to pick it up and keep the check you wouldn't do it to get it over with?

Top Forums