Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if a customer stops you when youre blowing and says, "dont worry about blowing the grass from the street, no one does that around here". "save yourself the 10 minutes". would you do as they say and save the 10 minutes or do you have an image to uphold? so, what would you do and why?

thanks.
randy.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'd probably tell the customer that although I really appreciate the concern for saving some of my time, I could not leave it because I feel it may be a bad reflection of my desired professional appearance. Besides, you could end up getting more customers by doing it right anyway.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
It depends on traffic, if it was a busy road I would leave it. If not many cars go by to blow it around, I would take care of it. BTW, this must be a Hugh Jass front yard to take 10 minutes to blow it.

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
Thank the customer for his suggestion, and blow it anyway, its your image on the line.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Pros do pro work. I would express thanks, and say that it is part of the contract, and besides, you have and image to uphold. I think it's the little things that make the biggest difference.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
if a customer stops you when youre blowing and says, "dont worry about blowing the grass from the street, no one does that around here". "save yourself the 10 minutes". would you do as they say and save the 10 minutes or do you have an image to uphold? so, what would you do and why?

thanks.
randy.
sarasota county law says you cant leave grass in the road due to nitrogen leaching in the sewer, if not you may get a ticket/fined

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
My town just came out with a new ordinance that you can't leave grass in streets or else.....FINE big money

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
sarasota county law says you cant leave grass in the road due to nitrogen leaching in the sewer, if not you may get a ticket/fined
not too many sewers in my area, but you are right. i would just continue and blow the road clean to make the appearance look good. i see guys all the time doing that, mow the lawn and blow the clippings into the road. i just drive by and shake my head...dumb a$$! you know they are wanna be lawn care guys! LOL

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I'd probably tell the customer that although I really appreciate the concern for saving some of my time, I could not leave it because I feel it may be a bad reflection of my desired professional appearance. Besides, you could end up getting more customers by doing it right anyway.
Exactly how I would word it. I can't stand to see a LCO blowing grass clippings into the street.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It depends on traffic, if it was a busy road I would leave it. If not many cars go by to blow it around, I would take care of it. BTW, this must be a Hugh Jass front yard to take 10 minutes to blow it.[/QUOTE]

a customer really did tell me this. i told her that i dont mind and that it makes the job look more professional. i just exaggerated the blow time to make this thread worthwhile.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
I blow everything off when I'm finished. I would thank the customer for the suggestion but tell them its how you do it or its no biggie or something. If you eave something out of whack, neighboors don't see the fact the customer don't care. They see a low quality LCO and we have to many of them already! Like others said, the smallest things may be the biggest.

·
Moderator, Friend, Angel
36,324 Posts
Exactly how I would word it. I can't stand to see a LCO blowing grass clippings into the street.
Ya, how did the grass get in the street to begin with ? I mow inward 2 or 3 rounds to keep it from blowing into the street or drive. Make no sense to blow it in the road and/or drive then have to blow it back:dizzy: Sometimes it can't be helped, I know

·
Registered
367 Posts
BLOW IT OFF ANYWAY ! like the others said, thank the customer but politely decline and Blow It Off Anyway. Blowing the street, Drives and walk areas clean is a Part of the Job. i say Do It RIGHT or Do It At All ! besides if if you leave the mess on the street at this account it looks VERY BAD and dont expect someone to call you based on the mess you left behind, So, ALWAYS BLOW IT OFF ! the Better it looks the more chances of getting new accounts based on the appearance of your work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.