• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

What would you do???

tlcgrounds

LawnSite Member
Hey all you snow guys out there. There aren't a lot of snow contractors in my area. I bought a atv from a Friend and thought it was a good way to make some money pushing snow and a toy to play around on when I feel like getting out in the country. Well I haven't found much time to ride it and the plow set ups were a little higher than I thought. Then when I inquired about pusing for my commercial clients many have gone with farm boys with utlitly tractors. I know that I could make some money pushing a few accounts this winter but I'm not sure it would take of and pay off the atv with some profit within the next few year. Maybe I shoud just sell it and get out from under the whole thing.
I really do not know what to charge. I figured on 2" minimum with $25 per res. drive and and $50.00 per hour on large commercial. I thought about icemelt but I need a chemical liscence to put that down so I thought about sand. Sand is really cheap and not long to apply. I think the best thing to do is sell and sit next to the fire in winter. If I feel ambitious a $20.00 snow shovel is a great investment!!!

cantoo

LawnSite Silver Member
I'm not sure what you guys usually get for snow but here and atv wouldn't do much. A compact tractor would be the way to go for jobs close to your shop or a blade for your truck. I really hate the cold weather so I don't do snow, YET.