What would you guys charge for this?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Andrew N, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Andrew N

Andrew N LawnSite Member

I thought I had more pictures for the rest of the property but I dont so for right now. What are you guys charging for leveling all the brush and putting the debris in a stickpile for the customer? I attached a before and after pic.

IMG_20190413_123811.jpg

IMG_20190413_171908.jpg

2. FitzRightMowingService

FitzRightMowingService LawnSite Member

Nice clean up. I am still trying to get a grasp on estimates myself. I find it very tricky cause one person will say no to $200 and another will say yes.

3. OP
    OP
    Andrew N

Andrew N LawnSite Member

Thanks! Yeah lead conversion ratio seems to be important on getting the volume required to get enough jobs scheduled. But it's hard to tell if people are saying yes because I cost less than others, or no because I cost too much. Without that info it's pretty difficult. However I still really need to improve profitability.

4. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

I probably wouldn’t have done it because I hate dealing with rock. I’d guess that’s about a half a day work with hand tools. Is that accurate?

5. OP
    OP
    Andrew N

Andrew N LawnSite Member

It took 2 people roughly 6 hours. Lots of prickers, vines that went 30 ft up surrounding trees, and was one loose rocks that was very difficult to stand on especially while holding equipment. We used the stihl kombi with the hedgetrimmer to level most on it, then fine tuned with the loppers. Leveling rake to pull out most of the debris out then did a pass with the stihl br 600 blower. Also hand pulled and vines or weeds that were in there. Including breaks.

6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

That pile of rocks was Under all that crap?

Jeeez
    I wouldn’t touch that with a ten foot pole of hundred dollar bills.

$2,000-ish

7. OP
    OP
    Andrew N

Andrew N LawnSite Member

Wow, great to know! I'll post more pics of the rest of the work when I get back to the property. It included cleaning out 2 more bigger areas like that. As well as full spring Cleanup and pruning/hedgetrimming. Unfortunately I only estimated $2,105 for everything. I'm about to hit budget at 45 per man hour. Getting all the leafblowing done on the yard and gardens, pruning, and hedgetrimming and clearing the rocks in the pic. But still have to level and blow out two more wooded areas.

8. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Based on that time I would have been around $1000,

9. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

I didn't catch the other areas of the property with the cleanup...I read it in the first post you didn't have all the pics but forgot about it.

For that one area you posted pics of I would be around $1000...not including the other couple areas.

10. OP
    OP
    Andrew N

Andrew N LawnSite Member

Thank you! I really need to get better at estimating I keep shooting myself in the foot. But I'm just gunna have a honest fair talk with the lady.