What would you guys charge for this?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Andrew N, Apr 17, 2019.

1. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

I'd pass on that personally. But if they really wanted a price $2k+

2. OP
    OP
    Andrew N

Andrew N LawnSite Member

Dang, reality check is starting to set in Haha. What if u wanted the job, would that change it at all?

3. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

Obviously. $2000 for 12 man hours work with only hand tools isn’t a “I want the work price”. But you’d be nearly crazy to want to hand clear a rock pile. And the customer should consider a different plan of approach. Around here these round river rocks are worth $100 a ton and that pile is going to look like crap again in a year.

4. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Nope.

I personally wouldn't do that type of job unless it was a mowing client. Even then I'd probably pass.

Doc8406 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Andrew N

Andrew N LawnSite Member

I think they are planning to do something with it cause when I went back they had it covered with black plastic. Not completely sure of their intentions cause that would be out of what I offer. It use to be a giant rock wall but they demolished it and just put it in a big rock pile. What would you reccomend?

6. Cjames808

Cjames808 LawnSite Senior Member

I would have flattened it out with a skid in about an hour.

Mow-Daddy.com and Mdirrigation like this.
  7. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

It's not if you want the job but, if it's you are making the money you need to run your business.

It's not if you wanted the job vs are you making money on it to run your business. I want a 55 ft Hatteras offshore boat but it's not business smart.

8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

going by the man hours i would have charged $600...but on stuff like this i wouldn't touch it unless they are gonna pay really well. i would have charged $1000. i don't have a skid steer or tractor or anything to use for something like this.

9. OP
    OP
    Andrew N

Andrew N LawnSite Member

Yeah same I dont have any big equipment just handheld stuff.

10. OP
    OP
    Andrew N

Andrew N LawnSite Member

Ok so if you did it with a skid, how much would you have charged?