Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lady calls me and says she need 572 square feet of gravel. I have a huge pile of gray stone its so she can park her car on it bec they got a car port.

I have a extended cab with a 7 1/2 long foot bed. How many truck loads and should I pile it to the top or should I put half in my bed. I have alot of miles on my truck and don't want to risk it. I live about 5 miles from her. What would you guys charge or do. I don't want to low ball but she just wants me to dump it and he son will do the rest. I was thinking $200

It should be about 2 trips with my truck.

1994 chevy 1500 5.7 but its a TBI.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Your half-ton (depending on age) is going to need to be sold after one load - which will just barely fit (and forget your paint job).

And yeah, your back will pay.
Sub the delivery and charge accordingly.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My truck can handle a full load of mulch without a problem. I guess I will get someone to ship it or rent a truck from home chepo. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Here is what I would do:

Determine how much stone is needed. Call supplier, order quantity of stone delivered. Meet delivery truck at customer site, have stone dumped directly in the spot. Bring shovel and rake. Rake stone into place. Present invoice to happy customer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.