• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

what would you of charged

jeff_0

LawnSite Senior Member
cust has a yard but most is clay.. he wants to put down sod. yard is 5k. i figured i'd rodatile the yard. Add some tops soil. lay down the sod. and add starter.

OP
J

jeff_0

LawnSite Senior Member
someone, please give me a idea of what they would charge.

joshua

LawnSite Bronze Member
jeff, that depends on what you will be using, bobcat or all by hand, ect ect ect. give us some more info. its a blind bid on our part since we can't see the site, so some details would help ementsly.

OP
J

jeff_0

LawnSite Senior Member
all by hand. i figured needs only about 2 yards of top soil at the most.

OP
J

jeff_0

LawnSite Senior Member
also yard is mostly flat, just a small drainage ditch in front.

Lawn-Scapes

LawnSite Silver Member
Only 2 yards? That's seems like it would barely be a dusting on 5k. I was thinking along the lines of 10 yards (or more) and tilling it into the existing soil....... Like I said, I don't do a lot of sod but I did a 1700 sf job last fall and used about 4 yards on that.

impactlandscaping

LawnSite Silver Member
With prep and install,depending on your cost of the sod per 1K ft2, I would charge no less than .60-.80c per ft 2, plus sod. 5K is a lot of rototilling by hand, maybe sub out the prep / finish to a Bobcat and landscape rake/Harley rake. Is there anything growing in this yard now, or is it a new install? You have to factor that as well.

OP
J

jeff_0

LawnSite Senior Member
it's a existing yard.. a mostly weeds and clay soil. 5k is a small section to do by hand i would think. I though about charging $1600. sod price $750 top soil less then $100. starter fert $10. add something for labor. most overhead cost $1000 $600 profit. about 6 hrs or work.