Separate names with a comma.
Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.
Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Chuck Sinclair, Jul 16, 2002.
Say is a good wage to pay an account manager they would be pretty much be responsible for everything
I would think replies would differ depending on what part of the country the replies were coming from.
Cost of living is low here compared to a lot of other areas in the U.S. So people will work for less here than other places.
Are you referring to a project manager? Is this for maintenance or installations? The volume and number of employees managed will have a bearing on the $$.
Maintenance, around 10 employees
What would you pay yourself?
That's about what it would be to pay someone to replace you.
Lawngodfather said it all
I think I'd start interviewing qualified candidates and asking them what their expected compensation should be. Suggest you:
1. Put in writing what their job description along with the job responsibilities would be
2. Discuss a typical day, working hours, etc.
3. Find out their qualifications and confirm them with past employers, etc.
4. Look for marriages, NOT honeymoons with employees
5. Put the shoe on their foot after you've discussed the above and find out what they will bring to the party, their ideas on getting it done, salary, vehicle, insurance, etc. Beware of putting the "golden handcuffs" on them before they are a proven asset to your company. Carrots work really well as long as you honor your committments to them.
Depending on what the income is as the owner of the business and mine was always pretty good, I never knew of an employee that should make what I make. If they did, they should be taking the business risks and dealing with the headaches and probably already have the entreprenuer spirit...so maybe they should have their own business.
By doing this, I think you can determine who the best candidates are and pay them accordingly. Some people may want less than others and compensation can be MUTUALLY decided.