what year of production?

casey humphrey

LawnSite Member
I am looking into buying my first zero turn. The owner doesn't have the model # handy but this machine has the older rounded stamped out deck what years were these in production? Were these good decks? I know the newer welded decks are better but this machine fits my budget for right now. I plan on buying a newer machine in a year when I get more into the biz . Also this machine has 1600 hours on it how many hours can you put on this machine before it is time for retirement? It has a 23 HP kohler on it I ahve run kohlers before they seem to be good motors. I will try to attach a pic.toro.jpg

toro.jpg

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
I demoed that same machine. I believe that's the sfs deck. I hated it. It was horrible on wet grass. I didn't have much time with it, so maybe it needed fine tuning.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
C

casey humphrey

LawnSite Member
Do you think the is machine worth 2000.00? Thats what the guy is asking for it. I figure it would work for a season or two any way. It kinda sucks thats all I can afford right now till I get more profit in the biz. I wish it would freakn SNOW SO I CAN PLOW and make even more profit. HAHA.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
I would say so. The one I demoed had a bagger. It had 440 hours. It was used by a residential homeowner. They wanted 5200 for it. I only paid 7500 for a new exmark HP with a bagger in 08
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
C

casey humphrey

LawnSite Member
cool well thanks for the info I went and picked it up and I ended up droping it down another 200 bucks so I think I got a deal. Mower is in good shape as it is but I am going rip it down and restore it like I did with another older mower. New paint , and decal kit thats all this mower needs. So I have some work to do. I will do a post of the project like I did on my FULLY restored proline 48 fixed deck.