1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What year was this one built?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by amrupp, Feb 11, 2003.

1. amrupp

amrupp LawnSite Member
    from buffalo

While you're looking up mowers, is it possible to tell me when mine was manufactured? I bought it from a dealer in Indiana, who said it was a 2000. It's a Lazer HP, 48" with 19 Kaw. The serial number is 200222.

At this point it doesn't really make much difference, but I feel better knowing I checked it out.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

amrupp,

Your unit is a 99 model, it was built on 12/21/1998 and shipped 1/9/1999.

Thanks, Fred.

3. Willdro

Willdro LawnSite Member

Explain how to tell the year the mower was made buy looking at serial numbers!

4. eXmark

Willdro,

We have natural serial # breaks for each year, 370,... for 2003 - 320,... for 2002..........

Having the exact serial # we can look up when it was built and when it was shipped.

Thanks, Fred.

5. Haley Lawn Care

Haley Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have just purchased a used Truf Tracer. The serial # is 265250u
    I am guessing it is a 2000 or 2001. Can you tell me when it was built please? Thanks for your help. Also I was very pleased with the help I had at the dealer when I purchased my eXmark.
    David Haley;)

6. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I just had a thought, it may be impossible though. It would be neat if you could put a search on your web page to look up when our machines were made. A serial # search. I don't need it now but could see where it would be helpful when purchasing used or demo equipment. Thanks

7. eXmark

Haley Lawn Care,

Here is what I have for you, it is a 2001. The built date is 11/11/2000, it was shipped on 12/1/2000 and first bought 12/21/2000.

Thanks, Fred.