What z-turn brand should I sell?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Gabriele Santin, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Gabriele Santin

Gabriele Santin LawnSite Member

Hi everybody!
    I'm a garden equipment dealer in Italy, I'm opening this thread for a simple reason: I have to choose what zero turn brand makes the best machines right now. I know there's no best zturn, everyone prefers his one.
    I have the chance to become official dealer for hustler, ferris, toro (exmark), ariens, walker and snapper.

For sure I will have walkers at my shop, they're great machines, for collecting and also for mulching.
    I don't know what brand to choose between the others, here we need machines capable of a good mulching cut in tall grass, I know it's kinda impossible to achieve a good mulching in tall grass (20in) but unfortunately Italian people wants this... I worked with hustler, great machines and amazing cut, but they're super expensive. A fastrak sdx it's 14.000$ here. For the same I can sell a ferris is2100z.
    I'm hoping that you, from the great USA, can give me some advice about what you like and dislike on these brands, and what you consider the best for me to sell.
    Thank you all!
    Gabriele Santin

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I used to be a dealer.
    Good call for walker as you are in Europe.
    If you're trying to cut 20in grass the walker MB has a 60" rear discharge deck that will serve the purposes you're looking for.
    It works for all practical purposes as a mulching deck
    Especially good for tall grass and roadside work.

In my opinion, I would take on exmark
    This gives you multiple other turf care products like aerators, spreader sprayers and dethatchers under one brand and covers everything from small mowers to big mowers, stand ons and walk behinds.
    Exmark also has great parts support and a points system for giving multiple mowers bought in a year a cheaper price and cheaper parts.

JDeet Lawn Care likes this.
  3. TPendagast

Male

My bad
    Walker MH
    USED to be called the super b

The mb model might be able to run that deck, and there (if I recall correctly) might be a 54 or 52" version of that deck.

4. Gabriele Santin

Thank you so much for the answer, unfortunately exmark here has no points system, but everything else you said it's totally true. Here walker doesn't have any rd deck, only mulching and collecting decks (only the reverse rotation ones)... Unfortunately, I love walkers, they have an amazing cut and they're super reliable... Italians like big diesel machines though, so walker is not a top brand here...

5. Gabriele Santin

Now almost everybody wants a z-turn capable of mulching 20in grass and make it totally disappear...I love rd decks, I think that with a normal maintenance interval of the lawn you can get a great result with a rd deck... Here rd is never even contemplated by the professionals...

6. tundraman

tundraman LawnSite Senior Member

My Toro 6000 with 34 hp Kohler won’t cut 20” grass. Why would anyone let their grass grow that tall before cutting?

7. Gabriele Santin

because here everyone thinks that less cuts means less money to spend... Communal areas it's the same... Anyway, you'd buy a toro, I think? ;)

8. TPendagast

Male

Walker has a Diesel engine.

You can't get the mh model in Italy?

9. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Senior Member

Would you be focusing your clientele to the wb bc Europe has smaller yards in the city or are you wanting big mowers for countryside estates and such I would think exmark all the way around bc there decks and the wb are virtually indestructible and they have big massive 72in decks for fields and such that you can order diesel motors for also you can't really sell exmark without toro since toro bought exmark and the toro mowers make the batwing mowers to do large field so bam you hit both clientele there the estates and the smaller suburban lots
    Walker is an excellent choice too

10. River

River LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Wisconsin

For europe the Walker and scag is your best bet. Cutting 20 inches of grass is impossible unless you use a brush hog 3pt pto tractor mower. You should tell your clients to mow at least once a week. mowing all that tall stuff puts more strain on all the components and plus if you hit a rock you're screwed.

Id Probably sell
    JD Z997R diesel mower
    Walker Mowers
    Scag Mowers
    Toro/Exmark since they are the same brand. Just different names.
    Might even want to sell brush hog mowers for the guys with tractors