What's a customer worth?

How much would you pay for a new customer?

• Would never pay to get a customer

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • < $5

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • $5 - $25

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • $25 -$50

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • $50 +

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Free411

Banned
How much would you pay for a hot lead? I am curious to see the results of the poll to see if our service is priced at a good value for this industry.

MarcSmith

LawnSite Fanatic
I don't think I'd honestly want a client that I'd have to pay for. That means i am getting a client based soley on how much money I have to give rather than the price and quality of my work.

Of course if you buy a company out its a bit different...

OP
F

Free411

Banned
I think that depends upon how you define paying for a customer. When you print brochures and mail them out, you are also spending an X amount per customer. Perhaps how much would you spend would have been better.

carcrz

LawnSite Silver Member
It all depends on the quality of the customer & the amount of money they will bring in.

MarcSmith

LawnSite Fanatic
I never did door hangers, I never advertised in the yellow pages or the news papers. I only placed ads in HOA newsletters in the neighborhoods I wanted to work. I did have signs on all trucks and trailers as well.

I also gave my customers gift cards(up to 50 bucks) if they referred someone who signed up on a yearly contract. Basically 5% of the gross value....

So to get a signed yearly mowing contract worth more than a grand I'd gladly spend 50 bucks. Basically 5% of the gross value....But getting my clients to refer me to others you really can't put a price on...

I can drive around neighborhoods and look at commercial sites and generate leads based off of work that I see being done that is not being done correctly or being done poorly.