Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
My favorite is the TMC. Fastest blade speed on the market. Unfortunately the distributor in my area is a tard. Can't get parts or new machines. I do have a stock of parts that has run thin and have begun parting out from older machines. I have 9 in inventory.

Other than the TMC. Redmax has a very nice machine. Lighter than TMC, a bit slower blade speed. Much Quieter. Blades hold the edge for a while. 5 in inventory.

Not familiar with the Echo. Think I did not like the design, definitely did not like the Stihl design

·
Banned
328 Posts
Greenman,

Why would you buy a "Homescaper" hedge clipper to use commercially? Stihl admits that it is a home owner light duty machine.

I have used Echo HC-1500 (now 150's) for years with excellent service. They have lasted me as long as 5 seasons which I feel is excellent. I have recently swiched to the HCR-150 (rotating handle) because we are doing more and more hedges.

Echo HC-150, HCR-150 are excellent machines at very reasonable prices!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my local dealer suggested the stihl hs85 ir the redmax of equeal features(i forget the model #), they let me demo the stihl today and i really like it, very easy to handle not really have at all. i have always used little wonder electric clippers but the gas clippers seem to have a much faster cutting spead.
the price they gave me for the stihl is $350.
i have always liked redmax, i use there trimmers and back packs and i think they are great. i just think the stihl feels more confortable to hold.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by yardman1
I will have to agree with everyone else and say the echo 1500, it light weight and plenty of power.
And you'd still be plain wrong. They have no reach, are balanced wrong, are hard on your arms, and blow smoke in your face. You want the Echo mid size pole trimmer. The Redmax version is too expensive and their head is too heavy. You don't need an articulated head because they are heavy, the head bumps into your work, and after you've cut the first 2 feet of a hedge that's 5 foot deep you still need to get on a ladder to do the rest. Furthermore, with regular shrubs there's no need for the extra weight or paying the price for the articulated head. Also, putting a head on a straight shaft weed whacker is rediculous because it's too long for 90% of the work you will do.
And at this point, I don't care if you listen or not. Being nice doesn't work, being sarcastic doesn't get your attention, offering facts don't ring a bell, so be like the rest of the crowd that just doesn't know, because they keep listening to people like you that keep offering incorrect and flat out wrong suggestions.
OH, and have used the 1500 and 1600 for 10 years, they still suck compared to the shc-2100.

·
Banned
458 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]
And you'd still be plain wrong. They have no reach, are balanced wrong, are hard on your arms, and blow smoke in your face. You want the Echo mid size pole trimmer. The Redmax version is too expensive and their head is too heavy. You don't need an articulated head because they are heavy, the head bumps into your work, and after you've cut the first 2 feet of a hedge that's 5 foot deep you still need to get on a ladder to do the rest. Furthermore, with regular shrubs there's no need for the extra weight or paying the price for the articulated head. Also, putting a head on a straight shaft weed whacker is rediculous because it's too long for 90% of the work you will do.
And at this point, I don't care if you listen or not. Being nice doesn't work, being sarcastic doesn't get your attention, offering facts don't ring a bell, so be like the rest of the crowd that just doesn't know, because they keep listening to people like you that keep offering incorrect and flat out wrong suggestions.
OH, and have used the 1500 and 1600 for 10 years, they still suck compared to the shc-2100.
I also have the stihl hl 75 with articulating head and also had an old stihl power head laying around and made a shorter version of the hl 75k which is the one with 43" shaft. The shaft I used was a shaft from there multi tool line, I just ordered the lower shaft and made into a smaller version. The shaft length now is about 22". If I had a digital camara I would take a pic but I don't.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
switchless, i disagree with u on the articulating head, i think it works great. i have that attachment for my stihl pole pruner the ht75, i use it all the time.ifd u articulate the head a few clicks it makes it easier to trim the sides of headges cause u dont need to stand as close to the hedge. when u do tops that are not real wide all u do is articulate the blade and u dont even need a ladder.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
switchless, i disagree with u on the articulating head, i think it works great. i have that attachment for my stihl pole pruner the ht75, i use it all the time.ifd u articulate the head a few clicks it makes it easier to trim the sides of headges cause u dont need to stand as close to the hedge. when u do tops that are not real wide all u do is articulate the blade and u dont even need a ladder.
Well, we can at least debate then.:p Isn't the sthl head only 18"?? If I'm wrong correct me. If it is, then it's too small. Also, when doing general shrubs "I" cut on "top and bottom" (rightside up and down) and the articulated head sticks up and gets in the way. It's also heavier (bad). Other than those drawbacks, it's OK. Finally, I've never ran into a hedge that was so skinning that I could trim it with just a swipe on either side, that is, even if I could get to both sides.
You're up...

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by yardman1
I also have the stihl hl 75 with articulating head and also had an old stihl power head laying around and made a shorter version of the hl 75k which is the one with 43" shaft. The shaft I used was a shaft from there multi tool line, I just ordered the lower shaft and made into a smaller version. The shaft length now is about 22". If I had a digital camara I would take a pic but I don't.
I have three different length shaft trimmers, also, plus an extension for the splitboom model, too. OK, so why recommend the 1500???? It's so far backward from a "shortshaft" pole trimmer??? The 1500 is around $250 so for another $100 or so you get so much more. Am I correct or full of poop?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I just got a HC 150 Echo. I love it. Used it for 3 hrs straight today. My arms are a little tired. I dont know if its from getting up and waterskiing at 6 AM or trimming and mowing. Maybe its that i also am a full time chef.ut anyway i like my 150. it was like 249.00.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.