What's a Yucca?

GreenMonster

LawnSite Silver Member
I have an upcoming landscape job, where customer supplied an "optional" plant list from a "designer" friend.

One of the items was a Yucca. I'm not familiar with this one. Anybody know? Guessing some sort of perennial?

grass_cuttin_fool

LawnSite Gold Member
Around here in va we have yuckka plants, resembles a cattus some what, stays green all year and blooms in the spring, seems to be an old fashion plant because I see them mostly around older houses 50 years old and older

OP
GreenMonster

GreenMonster

LawnSite Silver Member
Good God!

I'm glad that list was optional:D

NNJLandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yacca are a shrub type of plant that grow maybe at the highest 2 feet 2 1/2 feet high they have green/yellowish long leaves, which come to a point at the end of the leaf. They stay green year round and are an upright plant, not a crawler.

Evan528

LawnSite Silver Member
May I add that once you have a yucca you will always have yucca......Unless of course you bring in a back hoe to escavate the roots and surouding soil out very very thoroughly!

grass_cuttin_fool

LawnSite Gold Member
evan --- maybe that is why I see so many around older homes, they live and thrive well and cant get rid of them huh, lol

ElephantNest

LawnSite Bronze Member
Originally posted by NNJLandman
Yacca are a shrub type of plant that grow maybe at the highest 2 feet 2 1/2 feet high they have green/yellowish long leaves, which come to a point at the end of the leaf. They stay green year round and are an upright plant, not a crawler.

Actually, they get much taller than that. I just pulled some out with my truck that were almost 10 feet high.

Top Forums