1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What's a........

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Acute Cut, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

ok, i am applying for stupidest question of the week here. I did a search and did not find what i was looking for. (Granted i may have not used right word or seach or something)

Is there a place or site that kind of defines what all of these attachments do Exactly? i.e. harly, vs box rake, and scrapers and why a 4 in 1 box looks exactly like any other box, etc.

I am buying a skid steer next year and am doing research on all of these to decide what i want to play with next year.

and a gee wiz for you web brainiacs, is there a compactor attachment that would fit the front of a skid steer? I saw one somewhere that would fit a dingo, but what about a skid steer?
    (For base work on pavers)

Thanks all for your time

2. Shane472

Shane472 LawnSite Member

If you're purchasing a bobcat skid steer you can check their website (www.bobcat.com) for information on all the attachments. I find they offer the most landscaping related attachments for skid steers of any brand on the market. Also, almost all skid steer manufactures offer compactors.

A 4 in 1 box may look like a regular bucket but it is nothing like one. The bucket opens in the middle (the front half folds up) so the bucket can be used as a dozer blade or a grapple.

3. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i can see a grapple application, but a dozer? interesting, you learn something new every day. Thanks shane472

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Acute Cut,

Here is a site. Click image for link.

[​IMG]