Whats everyone using for figuring square footage?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bkennett, Mar 20, 2017.

1. bkennett

bkennett LawnSite Member
    Male, from Rocky Mount, VA

I have been using the counties GIS website as it is easy to do searches on peoples properties. I also use an app on my phone that measures distance and area pretty accurately called Hunt Stand. Hunting app I use during the fall. I have confirmed with my laser rangefinder the distance feature is correct, or they both just happen to agree...idk lol.

Any other apps or tools I don't know about?

Thanks

2. Nick's Lawn Service

Nick's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Findmylotsize.com you can map the lot out.

woodlawnservice likes this.
  3. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yardbook Is free and it has google earth pro for free. Zooms in closer than find my lot size...

4. Nick's Lawn Service

Nick's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Does it calculate sq feet for you?

5. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Gold Member

Google earth pro.
    Finds sqft, linft, plus you can drop down to street view and actually see the property, check out hills and obstacles.

ZLCLawnCare and GrassManKzoo like this.
  6. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

I've been using county GIS, but I'll try hunt stand, thanks for the heads up

7. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Measuring wheel...
    Actually visit the property to see what obstacles are there and gate sizes.
    Some GIS photos can be outdated and pools or barns could be new to the property meaning less footage, meaning you could get beat on price.

Granted pools and barns don't take up much footage but a few dollars on price matters to a lot of people.

Actually visiting property, meeting potential customers, actually seeing what kind of turf it is and the condition it is in and leaving literature is a huge selling point.

I can sell any property against anyone who just gives a phone or email quote...and without reducing price.

All you have to say is: I care about doing the best job possible on your lawn Mrs Jones so I came here to survey your property and see if there are any problems and to get an accurate measurement.

8. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Senior Member

Google Earth Pro is now a free download. Works great. Also county websites are goood also.

ZLCLawnCare likes this.
  9. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Senior Member

Btw google earth pro does square feet and is extremely accurate.

ZLCLawnCare and Mow-Daddy.com like this.
  10. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

awesome advice.