1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Whats GOod tO buY? LESCO,EMARK,TORO,SCAG

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLawnRanger, Jun 13, 2000.

1. TheLawnRanger

TheLawnRanger LawnSite Member

looking at a lesco 17 kaw. 48&quot; 4 2499 belt.<p>will consider all answers.<br> <br>my buget is 3,000$<br>

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I just picked up a new Lesco 48&quot; Hydro w/float deck 17 Kawi for $3500, it was last years model and they are trying to get rid of them. Always spend a little more for the right equipment. The hydro takes a little getting used to but is much more productive than a belt drive if you are in a situation where you are backing up often.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Depends on what you are looking for. I will never use the walk behind mowers with the grip handles again. When I had that style I had mornings when I woke with totally numb hands and was developing carpal tunnel. I love Lesco products but their mower grips are very hard to squeeze, Bob Cat, Scag are not much easier. <p>I bought a Great Dane Scamper Hydro for my walk behind. Has bars that you push to go forward, nothing to squeeze, and I can easily drive it with one hand! No more numb hands!<p>ray<br>