• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Whats in involved?

cat2

LawnSite Senior Member
Bought another nice JD 4020 but its gas. I have a JD 404 diesel. Whats involved in putting the diesel in?

ioilyouin

LawnSite Senior Member
Drain the system, switch the filters to diesel filters, take out the spark plugs and put plugs in place, refil with diesel fuel and viola.

OP
cat2

cat2

LawnSite Senior Member
Drain the system, switch the filters to diesel filters, take out the spark plugs and put plugs in place, refil with diesel fuel and viola.

Ok I did all of that, and now the tractor won't start. Any idea how to get it started?

YellowDogSVC

LawnSite Gold Member
Ok I did all of that, and now the tractor won't start. Any idea how to get it started?
I hope this is a joke..

ioilyouin

LawnSite Senior Member
what's wrong the gasser? I have a friend who looked to replace his 3010 gas with a 3010/3020 diesel. He was having lots of issues with the system, but got it worked out and is glad he kept it. Bought it new and still uses it daily.

i really don't know have any in-depth knowledge about tractors, but I'm glad to keep everyone on their toes.

wanabe

LawnSite Senior Member
what's wrong the gasser? I have a friend who looked to replace his 3010 gas with a 3010/3020 diesel. He was having lots of issues with the system, but got it worked out and is glad he kept it. Bought it new and still uses it daily.

i really don't know have any in-depth knowledge about tractors, but I'm glad to keep everyone on their toes.

I think I seen your plate rolling through nashville last week? I was trying to read it going down the road and was like duh......I seen that somewhere before!