Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It rained last Friday and I closed the head gate to my irrigation ditch so that I only watered from the retention pond. To water last night, I opened the gate.................Camera phone pictures about 60 seconds after opening the gate.

Water Water resources Cloud Natural landscape Lake

Water Atmosphere Cloud Atmospheric phenomenon Lake

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Silt? Calcium? Give us a clue!
I'm waiting on a water sample to get back that I took before the storm, but........................

SALT, silt, crawdads, algae/slime/moss, Etc. The goodnews is that the worst of it does settle out. The bad news is I would be taking a major gamble to water on a "heavy" water night w/o the gate open, so my best guess is that the water is "better" til about midnight, maybe 1 am. I changed how the central controller "looks" at the programs, and my yellow spots that many have been calling drought stress moved...........................some of the worst of these spots were miraculously green within 12 hours of a good solid dose of rain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.