1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

What's it worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by accuratelawn, Jun 20, 2000.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

A guy I know is getting out of the business at the end of the season. Various equipment and accounts. Also a early 80's one ton dual wheels chevy. Landscape bed with hydro dump. 192,000 miles and he says the engine will need to be replace.<p>What is this truck worth any ideas?<br>Thanks<br>What's

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

The engine needs replacing? A 350 I hope?<p>Prolly worth 2,000 depending on condition.

3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

350 is in the truck yes.<br>He just put the hydro dump on this season.<br>Thanks for the quick respose!

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Also, are you in the South and the truck rust-free?<p>That would be a big factor here in Michigan; if the truck is rusty and needs a new engine, you're pretty much buying the dump bed.

5. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

I WAS A MECHANIC IN A PAST LIFE...BUY THE BODY AND HOIST AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE...JUNK THE CHASIS AND FIND SOMETHING THAT NEEDS A BODY..REMEMBER THERE'S MORE TO A TRUCK THAN A MOTOR..TRANS, SUSPENSION,AXLE, DRIVESHFT. IF ANY OTHER MAJOR COMPONENT FAILS AFTER YOU INSTALL NEW MOTOR YOU'LL BE PISSED OFF. BODY SOUNDS GOOD YOU CAN FIND A NEWER USED CAB AND CHASIS. CHECK OUT BIG EQUIPMENT AND TRUCK TRADER, LOTS AND LOTS OF INFO THERE.