1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Whats needed to bid on commercail work?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MJK, Aug 10, 2009.

  1. MJK

    MJK LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 356

    I have a nursery stock license which is required in the state of MI. I have 2mill Liability insurance, and workmens comp for 2 of my employees. What else do you need to get a chance and bid?
  2. MJK

    MJK LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 356

    I'm looking into install work, we don't do maintenance.
  3. MJK

    MJK LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 356

    Nobody willing to pass info, do you need to be bonded? What other things do you need? A builders license?
  4. S&MLL

    S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 751

    Learning how to spell commercial is a start.

    But seriously every site is different. Just do not tell them only some of your employees have workman's comp. Some sites want to see crazy high auto too. When you submit a bid they will most likely give you the heads up.
  5. JB1

    JB1 LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,904

    Lots of connections.
  6. AintNoFun

    AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,807

    you need to work for free, dont mind waiting to get paid for a longg time, and get dicked around. haha

Share This Page