1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What's on your feet?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by vipermanz, Mar 28, 2005.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Workshoes that is.. I have a pair of leather steel toe boots but i noticed the other day that they were heavy and actually slowing me down. I went shopping around for something lighter and ended up at sears, i narrowed it down to the 2 lightest i could find, Caterpillar and Timberland Pro. I went ahead and got the timberland but it made me wonder if anyone else had that problem. I knew i wanted lighter but i didn't want to sacrifice ankle protection either. this is what i got,http://www.timberland.com/product/i...&cp=1762199.1780841.1780822&parentPage=family what do you have?

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I use terra wildsiders for the spring/fall/winter and dakota saftey shoes for the summer. My feet we cooking me alive in the summers in the leather boots but the dakotas are WCB/CSA approved as well and with breathable material and less than half the weight it makes a big difference in the hot summer months.

3. breck75

breck75 LawnSite Member

I have found the most comfortable boot is a Wolverine Durashock. The only problem is that they are not steel toes. I don't know if you can get them with steel toes or not. When I was an Iron Worker I would were my boots everywhere. I actually think they are as comfortable as tennis shoes. Breck :waving:

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear the Timberland Pros also and I really like them. Well worth the money.

5. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I also like the Wolverine Durashock, i dont like steel toe to heavy to walk in all day.

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I know I probably shouldn't, but I wear a pair of Nike running shoes. Very lightweight and comfortable. Some guys say they wear steel toed shoes to protect their feet from an accident with mower blades. I don't think there is a steel toed shoe on the market that could protect your foot from a blade moving at 18,500 RPMs.

7. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Redwing boots. No steel toe, but waterproof. I was standing in 3" of water last week for 15 minutes and my feet stayed dry.

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I do the same. I also beleive if your feet are under a ztr that you are supposed to be riding, you have bigger problems.

9. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear magnum hi tech they are very light weight

10. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I wear a boot made by "Vasque" with Gore-tex waterproofing. They are very waterproof but don't breath at all and sometimes your feet get wet anyway from sweat. I also get a heat rash on my ankles sometimes in very hot weather from them, so I just wear tennis shoes in the real hot weather.

Joel B.