What's second best to Real Green Systems

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by Bunton Guy, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

It’s 88 a month for sa. So that’s 960 a year. Then if you add on credit cards that’s extra 20 a month etc etc. but for a very small company like myself under 600 fert clients it’s the go to for me. Routing etc and web based make it awesome can use on any device. Real Green Systems prices are out of my league.

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I’ve posted before but sa is far from the go to. They’ll never get another dollar from me

I’ve used them all but real green and clip ITC. It looks like I’ll be back to jobber until I go up another level for real green

3. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well
    well I am sorry you has a bad experience with sa but it works great for me. Gl with what ever you use.

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Jobber starts at $69 but if you want the GPS/routing etc its $129. It's a real nice system I feel. We have 6 or 7 users and it's made our maintenance division much more efficient in terms of paperwork.

Marine03112 likes this.
  5. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

We have used Real Green Systems for years. Yes it cost money. Just like any other equipment you need for your business. Is it pricey? More like an investment in the future of your business. It will pay for itself overtime. Just like any other piece of equipment. We all buy equipment to better run our businesses when we see the need. There is without a doubt a return on this investment in your business. When do you need a program like Real Green? What’s the magic number of customers you need to have ? It’s as soon as you think your overwhelmed with keeping track of the data. There’s a ton of data.
    If your planing on having more than a handful of customers ( I assume you are ) you really don’t have much of a choice. You want a program dedicated to doing applications. I haven’t seen anything better than Real Green. I wish it was less expensive. Hell I wish it was free. It’s the cost of doing business. Move forward not backward.

6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

After I got SA set up for my chem apps it is really set it and forget it. If you need to change your mix you can with ease (easy once you learn how). On morning or evening whenever prior to my filling the spray tank I can quickly run a one page report that tells me exactly what and how much I need to mix depending on how many and which customer (based on turf sq ft for me) are on for the day. I easily print out my two-part invoice, one part for my states ag records that already shows the amount I sprayed or put down (I handwrite in if I needed to add something like hit an area with a different chem). You can add target pests ad nauseum, wind temp direction etc. Set up you rounds exactly as you want, however many you want, and even a minimum days allowed in between certain rounds, price each round the same or separately, add bulk discounts if that's something you do (say they prepay the enitire year so I give a 5% off for wxample). I don't know what else you need. I'm sure some may look fancier I just done know. Personally I think the chem invoice looks better than many of the large franchises that are now just leaving a sales ticket like you would find at McDonald's in a door hanger. All just my opinion. Hardest thing for me was finding pre scored decent copy paper so I could tear off. Found a great supplier with paperworks dot com, got tons of colors and thicknesses to choose from at very reasonable prices.

tebletlawns likes this.
  7. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kansas City

What is this Chemical invoice you speak of?

8. kemco

In the drop-down I choose "chemical sheet B with payment coupon" even though most of my spray customers are autopay. I load my printer with the prescored 8 1/2 x 11 paper. I print all off. That gives me my copies and the customer copy with care instructions plus "with" payment coupon. The other half of the sheet I tear off and keep for my records. Then I go back in, take out the prescored paper put rwgular paper in then i print from the drop down the "condensed route sheet" for the truck (even though we do run tablets I always have the paper backup). I just stop the print page when the default invoices begin because I've already printed off the invoices as mentioned.

Perforated is the word I was looking for not scored and those I order online cheap from paperworks and I usually use a green color for those. These I leave on the door in clear door hanger bags I get from Uline. Dang, gave all my secrets away LOL. Hope that helps.

Marine03112 likes this.
  9. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

Kemco, do you have to print these off every day to keep the variables such as date, wind speed, etc on there accurate or do you fill in the pre print and fill them in as needed? We do it old school, print off each route for each round before the entire season starts, so everything is pre printed.

10. kemco

I don't know if I'm old school or new school. I've only got one spray truck so it's pretty easy for me to print off early each am. I click print the go get a cup of coffee, my morning routine. When I can run 2 trucks I may need to do something similar or start drinking 2 cups of coffee.

Then I print out my mow truck route which is quicker than the spray invoices. Still doesn't take 5 minutes.

To address the question of wind etc state of TN doesn't require it, so that one part I do not fill in. If wind is supposed to be over about 8 or so we won't spray anyway. We will apply granular sure if it happens to be on that round, but I could hand write it on each. Tablet will pull it up.