1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats the best Chainsaw for trimming?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rlc321, Jul 3, 2004.

1. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

I am looking for a chainsaw for trimming up palms and cutting small trees no bigger than 12 dia. I have a pole saw looking for a regular chainsaw. What do you guys and girls like?

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl 021 with a 16in bar for general trimming,

3. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

pricey, but Stihl is good. An associate of mine has a smaller Stihl saw than my Poulan, and he way outcuts me. Course his starts right up, as I keep poulan and poulan and poulan on mine to get er goin'

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

The Stihl tree saw used to be considered the best by many. I bought a Shindiawa, it is a well balanced running little one handed saw, starts and runs great everytime. I have spent a lot of time running saws and this one gets the nod if you can't afford the Stihl.

5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Redmax or Jonsreed!

6. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Just bought a Stihl MS 250 for $299.. Also have a Echo CS-300 and a Husqvarna 351.. Echo saw runs ok, Husky saw is nice but kinda heavy..

7. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

We have all 5 STIHL saws at the landscape company I work for, and they do a really awesome job, they are one of the better known and better products for wood cutting purposes.

Jeff

8. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a echo cs4400 with a 18" bar and it works good for me.

9. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

get a Stihl MS 200 T

10. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO